You’re invited to join us on Sunday, January 14th at The Union Station Hotel for the premier baseball event of the offseason; the 60th annual Baseball Writers’ Dinner.
- Present our highest honor – the Red Schoendienst Medal – to Bob Gibson for his Hall of Fame career and Invaluable Service to Baseball
- Present the Lou Brock Award to Dee Gordon of the Miami Marlins for leading the National League in stolen bases
- Present the Silver Slugger Award as the top hitting pitcher in the National League to Adam Wainwright
- To commemorate the 60th-Anniversary of the St. Louis Baseball Writers’ Dinner by naming and honoring the Cardinals of the Decade from the 1950’s to the 2010’s.
1950’s – Red Schoendienst
1960’s – Bob Gibson, Tim McCarver, Mike Shannon (Ken Boyer)
1970’s – Ted Simmons, Keith Hernandez, Lou Brock (Joe Torre)
1980’s – Willie McGee, Bruce Sutter, Whitey Herzog (Ozzie Smith)
1990’s – Mark McGwire, Tony LaRussa, Ray Lankford
2000’s – Jim Edmonds, David Eckstein, Scott Rolen, Jason Isringhausen (Albert Pujols)
2010’s – Chris Carpenter, Adam Wainwright, David Freese, Yadier Molina
Other Honoree’s and Presentations
- J.G. Taylor Spink St. Louis Baseball Man of the Year: Tommy Pham
- Stockton / Broeg Award for Outstanding Achievement in Baseball: Carlos Martinez, Jose Martinez, Stubby Clapp
- Hyland / Hummel Award for Special Achievement in Sport: Retired MLB Umpire “Cowboy” Joe West
- Herman / Ostermeier Award for Cardinals Rookie of the Year: Paul DeJong
- The Daryl Kile Award: Zach Duke
- The Good Guy Award: Joe Abernathy, St. Louis Cardinals Vice President, Facility Planning and Engineering
- Cardinals MInor League Player of the Year: To be named
- Cardinals Minor League Pitcher of the Year: To be named
The 60th annual Baseball Writers’ Dinner
Sunday, January 14, 2018The Union Station Hotel
(Please enter Union Station from 20th St. into the Midway)
Parking: Valet on 20th St. – $12 / Surface – $7
Doors Open: 5:00pm
General Reception: Union Station Historic Midway 5:00pm – 6:15pm
Ballroom Doors Open: 6:15pm
*Please call St. Louis BBWAA (314.662.1701) for special dietary requests
Individual Reserved Tickets: $250, $200, $150
Table of 10: $2,500, $2,000, $1,500
Each guest will receive a Commemorative 60th-Anniversary Ticket representing the Cardinals of the Decade!
Guests in the green seats will receive a limited collectors edition sheet of all seven 60th-Anniversary Commemorative Tickets!
Discounted Winter Warm-Up tickets available for $25 each
Tickets available online at MetroTix.com or by calling MetroTix.
All Seating is reserved.
Please call MetroTix to select specific tables or seating arrangements.
**Please call MetroTix for Special Needs seating requirements
MetroTix – 314.534.1111
Tickets can also be purchased by mailing a check to:
St. Louis Chapter BBWAA Charitable Foundation
PO Box 605
St. Louis, MO 63188-0605
The 2018 Dinner will be our 60th annual gala and is organized as a benefit to raise money for journalism and communications scholarships at regional universities and a summer internship at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Coming from out of town?
Stay at the historic Union Station Hotel and save by using the group name listed below.
- Booking Link: http://group.
- Hotel: St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Group Name: STL Baseball Writers’ Dinner