All baseball fans are invited to join us on Sunday, January 20th
for the premier baseball event of the offseason;
The 61st annual St. Louis Baseball Writers’ Dinner!
Red Schoendienst Medal for Invaluable Service to Baseball: Bob Costas
J.G. Taylor Spink Award as the St. Louis Baseball Co-Men of the Year: Miles Mikolas & Matt Carpenter
Branch Rickey Award for Innovation in the Game of Baseball: SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT, FORTHCOMING
Lou Brock Award for Leading the National League in Stolen Bases: Trea Turner, Washington Nationals
Stockton / Broeg Award for Outstanding Achievement in Baseball: Stubby Clapp
Hyland / Hummel Award for Special Achievement in Sport: Ozzie Smith & Members of the PGA Championship Organizing Committee
Herman / Ostermeier Award for Cardinals Rookies of the Year:
- Mike Shildt
- Jack Flaherty
- Yairo Munoz
- Harrison Bader
- Jordan Hicks
- Lou Brock in recognition of the 45th anniversary of breaking the N. L. record for stolen bases in a season
- Keith Hernandez in recognition of the 40th anniversary of being named N.L. Co-MVP
- Mark McGwire in recognition of the 20th anniversary of breaking the MLB record for home runs in a season
Wray / Holtzman Award for “Achievement in Sport Other Than Professional Baseball”
- Nicole Hensley (G), Gold Medalist – 2018 Women’s USA Olympic Ice Hockey Team
- Josh Pauls (D), Gold Medalist – 2018 Men’s USA Paralympic Sled Hockey Team
- Steve Cash (G), Gold Medalist – 2018 Men’s USA Paralympic Sled Hockey Team
The Daryl Kile Award: Miles Mikolas
The Good Guy Award: Kyle McClellan
Cardinals Minor League Player of the Year: To be announced
Cardinals Minor League Pitcher of the Year: To be announced
Pacific Coast League Manager of the Year: Stubby Clapp
Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Year: Dakota Hudson
The 61st annual St. Louis Baseball Writers’ Dinner
Sunday, January 20, 2019
Curio Hotel at Union Station
(Please enter Union Station from 20th St. into the Midway)
Parking: Valet on 20th St. – $12 / Surface – $7
Doors Open: 5:00pm
General Reception: Union Station Historic Midway 5:00pm – 6:15pm
Ballroom Doors Open: 6:10pm
*Please call St. Louis BBWAA (314.662.1702) for special dietary requests
Individual Reserved Tickets: $250, $150
Table of 10: $2,500, $1,500
Discounted Winter Warm-Up tickets available to Dinner ticket holders for $25 each
Tickets available online at MetroTix.com or by calling MetroTix.
All Seating is reserved.
Please call MetroTix to select specific tables or seating arrangements.
**Please call MetroTix for Special Needs seating requirements
MetroTix – 314.534.1111
Tickets can also be purchased by mailing a check to:
St. Louis Chapter BBWAA Charitable Foundation
PO Box 605
St. Louis, MO 63188-0605
The 2019 Dinner will be our 61st annual gala and is organized as a benefit to raise money for journalism and communications scholarships at regional universities and the
Rick Hummel Internship at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Attending from out of town?
Stay at the historic Union Station Hotel and save by using the group name listed below.
- Booking Link: http://group.
- Hotel: St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Group Name: St. Louis Baseball Writers’ Dinner