All baseball fans are invited to join us on Sunday, January 20th for the premier baseball event of the offseason;
the 61st annual St. Louis Baseball Writers’ Dinner!
Present our highest honor – the Red Schoendienst Medal – to Bob Costas for his Hall of Fame career and his Invaluable Service to Baseball
Branch Rickey Award for Innovation in the Game of Baseball: Special announcement, forthcoming
Lou Brock Award to Trea Turner, Washington Nationals for leading the National League in Stolen Bases
Other Honoree’s and Awards
J.G. Taylor Spink Award to St. Louis Baseball Co-Men of the Year: Miles Mikolas & Matt Carpenter
Stockton / Broeg Award for Outstanding Achievement in Baseball: Stubby Clapp
Hyland / Hummel Award for Special Achievement in Sport: Ozzie Smith & Members of the PGA Championship Organizing Committee
Herman / Ostermeier Award for Cardinals Rookies of the Year
- Mike Shildt
- Jack Flaherty
- Jairo Munoz
- Harrison Bader
- Jordan Hicks
- Lou Brock in recognition of the 45th anniversary of breaking the N. L. record for stolen bases
- Keith Hernandez in recognition of the 40th anniversary of being named N.L. Co-MVP
- Mark McGwire in recognition of the 20th anniversary of breaking the MLB record for home runs in a season
Wray / Holtzman Award for “Achievement in Sport Other Than Professional Baseball”
- Nicole Hensley (G), Gold Medalist – 2018 Women’s USA Olympic Ice Hockey Team
- Josh Pauls (D), Gold Medalist – 2018 Men’s USA Paralympic Sled Hockey Team
- Billy Hanning (D), Gold Medalist – 2018 Men’s USA Paralympic Sled Hockey Team
- Steve Cash (G), Gold Medalist – 2018 Men’s USA Paralympic Sled Hockey Team
The Daryl Kile Award: Miles Mikolas
The Good Guy Award: Kyle McClellan
Cardinals Minor League Player of the Year: To be announced
Cardinals Minor League Pitcher of the Year: To be announced
Pacific Coast League Manager of the Year: Stubby Clapp
Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Year: Dakota Hudson
The 61st annual St. Louis Baseball Writers’ Dinner
Sunday, January 20, 2019
Curio Hotel at Union Station
(Please enter Union Station from 20th St. into the Midway)
Parking: Valet on 20th St. – $12 / Surface – $7
Doors Open: 5:00pm
General Reception: Union Station Historic Midway 5:00pm – 6:15pm
Ballroom Doors Open: 6:15pm
*Please call St. Louis BBWAA (314.662.1702) for special dietary requests
Individual Reserved Tickets: $250, $150
Table of 10: $2,500, $1,500
Discounted Winter Warm-Up tickets available for $25 each
Tickets available online at MetroTix.com or by calling MetroTix.
All Seating is reserved.
Please call MetroTix to select specific tables or seating arrangements.
**Please call MetroTix for Special Needs seating requirements
MetroTix – 314.534.1111
Tickets can also be purchased by mailing a check to:
St. Louis Chapter BBWAA Charitable Foundation
PO Box 605
St. Louis, MO 63188-0605
The 2018 Dinner will be our 61st annual gala and is organized as a benefit to raise money for journalism and communications scholarships at regional universities and a summer internship at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Coming from out of town?
Stay at the historic Union Station Hotel and save by using the group name listed below.
- Booking Link: http://group.
- Hotel: St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Group Name: STL Baseball Writers’ Dinner