In order to be eligible for a Hall of Fame vote, a writer must be an active member of the BBWAA for 10 consecutive years. Once a writer receives a Hall of Fame vote, he is eligible to continue voting even when he is no longer an active member of the BBWAA, provided he becomes a lifetime honorary member.
The BBWAA only selects players. Managers, executives and/or umpires are chosen by the Veterans’ Committee.
- Hall of Fame Election Requirements
- Hall of Fame Voting FAQ
- Hall of Fame Players & Executives Who Represented St. Louis Clubs
- Centennial Commission (CC)
- Committee of old-time players and writers (C1)
- Committee on old-timers (C2)
- Committee on Veterans (CV)
- Committee on Negro Leagues/Pre-Negro Leagues (NL/PNL)
- Special election by Baseball Writers’ Association of America (SE)
- Special Committee on Negro Leagues (SCNL)